Conveniently located minutes from the Phoenix, Scottsdale & Cave Creek areas. The Youth program offers Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) instruction for all ages 7+ for beginners through advanced training. The moment you walk in, you’ll feel like part of the family.
All students ages 7-12 train in the Youth Program under the instruction of Coach Bradley Bailey and Coach Josh. At age 12, students may participate in the ‘Teen Class’. At age 13 students enter a one year grace period. Students may train in both the Youth and Adult program. These students will be under the instruction of Coach Bradley Bailey. All students ages 14+ train in the Adult Program under the instruction of Coach Bradley Bailey. Deviations from the program must be approved by Coach Bailey.
GDJJ North Phoenix Instructors:
Coach Bradley Bailey
Head Instructor Adult/Youth Program
Coach Josh Guerra
- Safety is priority. You are responsible for your teammates’ safety and they are responsible for yours.
- Respect everyone- instructors and students. Show respect, get respect.
- Keep your uniform clean. Keep yourself properly groomed- nails should be trimmed and no jewelry
can be worn during class.
- Be on time for class. If late, wait for instructor permission to enter class. Let the instructor know ahead of time if you need to leave class early.
- Always bow or shake hands before and after rolling.
- Refrain from horseplay, talking, and interrupting while your instructor is teaching.
- Our team has a zero tolerance policy for sexual harassment. Sexual harassment should be immediately reported to your instructor.
- No coaching during class or water breaks.
- Please keep the volume down.
- Do not sit on or walk across the mat without instructor permission.
- Tournaments: Although we do encourage tournament participation as a great learning opportunity for our students, it is not required for any student to ever compete in tournaments. Please visit the following website resources for rules/ registration – www.GDJJevents.com | www.ibjjf.org
GDJJ North Phoenix follows the IBJJF rank structure. Rank is evaluated on:
– Ability to perform techniques accurately
– Attendance and consistency of training
– Behavior: focus, respect, and maturity
Each student can expect to spend approximately 10-18 months at each rank.